3.8 35
Massachusetts 56088
17 Aug 2013 - 3 Sep 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We had called the day before to see what the possibility of getting a site would be because reservations are not accepted. We were told to come on in and they'd find us something - even if it was backing up to the building and plugging in to power there. We arrived on a Saturday. The gas station is the first facility you encounter on the way to the FAMCAMP. Made it convenient to fuel up before going to the FAMCAMP. There was no one working at the FAMCAMP when we arrived. Fortunately, there was one space remaining (# 13). My MIFI worked well in this space but we could not get our satellite TV to receive signals because there were so many trees around. The next day, the people in space 20 left and we moved into it. When I parked on the small concrete slab, the TV would still not receive signals but then I moved 6 feet forward off the slab and the signal came in great. However, my MIFI did not work as well. I parked our car out in the open and placed my MIFI in it and then got a good reception. The FAMCAMP host is also the outdoor recreation office manager. This is the best equipped outdoor recreation I have ever seen. That is the good news. The bad news is that the manager is so busy with outdoor recreation sales he had little time to devote to the FAMCAMP. However, he was very receptive to any problems we had. The FAMCAMP is centrally located in the New England area. We made day and overnight trips to Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. There is just so much history that you could spend months here and still not see it all. My biggest dislike was with the shower room. The shower was large and had good water pressure. However, the only privacy you had was when you were in the shower. I'm not too good at dressing and undressing just in the shower. When you step out of the shower, you are in a big open room. I did manage to stay clean though. We had a really good time here and would come back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or