4.0 62
Massachusetts 93073
July 30- August 2, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a great stopover to tour New England! Boston is a short drive but I highly suggest driving to the Alewife Station which is appx 7 miles away. The subway is cheap and easy to negotiate. Driving to Newport Rhode Island is easy and worth the drive to see the fantastic Mansions. We toured Gloucester and Salem plus all the little seaside towns between on the scenic highway. The park takes no reservation but don't worry. Ann Marie the manager told me they never had to turn anyone away. During the time we stayed there were quite a few long term residents. They take up most of the FHU. There are plenty of W/E hook ups and a dump. The bathroom had showers which are older but very clean. Decent laundry tho 2 of the dryers were Not working but that is a common problem in most campsites. I would have given 5 stars all the way but there is some trash on the grounds I really blame campers for that. If you arrive when the office is closed or you call n get nobody as they office is closed don't give up there is a bulletin board that has a list of open sites you can pick from. Then you just pay with envelope if you are leaving before they open the next day or just catch the office help the neck day to register. The commissary on base is one of the best ones I have been to. Clean, well stock great variety. Exchange is just average. You really can't beat the location to see New England! 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts