4.6 22
Minnesota 58625
1-4 Sep 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Made reservations in January for a September arrival. Called a week out to verify all was well and to verify amenities. The lady said it was full hookup, 50A pull-through. Rcvd a call from the same lady one day before arrival that they would be closing the office early on Friday before Labor Day. Said our site card and receipt would be in a lock box at the Education Building. I asked again about amenities and she again said yes, pull-through 50A FHU. Arrived early afternoon and was greeted by friendly gate guards. Drove to the education building as instructed and our name was not on the lock box list. Called Security from there and we were on his list for a site, so we proceeded to the campground. The camp host actually had our site card and receipt. Very friendly camp host. Site was 50A + water and back-in NOT 50A FHU pull-through. Suggest the office staff familiarize themselves with what amenities are available at their campground. Also, they could have saved me a trip to the education building with my RV if they would have told me the camp host had my stuff. Not very thoughtful on their part. Other than that, the 50A worked well. Water was good quality. Free firewood for our fire ring, although we did not use any. Ample dumpsters and recyclable bins. Plenty of room to maneuver our 42 ft long fifth wheel into our paved back-in site. No overhead obstructions, but also no satellite reception due to the trees. We did receive a few local stations but only one network (CBS). Cell voice and data coverage (AT&T and Verizon) was good. Large laundry facility in the midst of the barracks. 16 washers and 16 dryers, free of charge. If this place were full of soldiers it might have been a wait but we owned the place this holiday weekend. Did not make it to the museum, but looked like a nice one. Bring your bug spray as the mosquitoes will make sure you know you have entered their AOR!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or