Featured
Montana 76245
Jun 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stayed a week at the Gateway FamCamp. It is the Off base camp. Very quiet camp. Easy in/out. 2 things on the driving directions to here; 1, the right turn is onto 63rd St, not 62nd. And 2, if coming from the north, it is easier to continue to 3rd Ave and turn left (east) than it is to turn onto 2nd Ave and then turn onto 63rd St. Bill, the host, is very helpful. The restaurant book in the laundry room is not kept updated, so use it's info at your own risk. There are 2 washers and 4 dryers, $1 per cycle for each. Lots of tourism info in the laundry room as well. No fenced dog run, but there is a designated, on-leash, dog area. The bag dispenser is not always full, so take you own waste bag just in case. There is a nice, half mile walking path at the far south end of the FamCamp. Concrete pad is about 40' with room in front and behind for extras, probably around 75' overall. Utilities worked fine. Getting a satellite signal was easy. Sites are "buddy sites", meaning your entry door faces your neighbor's entry door and you share the grassy space between. The sites seem to be somewhat staggered, so you are not directly across from each other, making it not too bad. Small BX/Shopette combo. Walmart is less than 5 min away and visible from the FamCamp. No diesel on base, but Walmart has it and you pass 2 other gas stations on the way there. One weekday the FamCamp was full and at least one RV was dry camping in the overflow parking area. No idea if the Annex was also full. The next day several sites were empty and the dry camper moved to one of them. I would definitely stay here again if in the area and I would have a better plan for what to see and do. There are many, varied museums to visit, not to mention dams and restaurants.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
August 19, 2018
Comment from Bill "the Camp Host". Thanks for the nice review! Sorry there were no doggie bags in the container when you visited. A simple fix. Come see me if something is out! Doggies NEED their poop picked up! Thanks
April 11, 2019
thanks for the review
2 results - showing 1 - 2