Featured
Montana 76245
5-8 June 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

When we arrived at Malmstrom we went to the new campground, but it was full. The host was very hepful; he told us to check out the on-base camp, which had openings. The hostess there was super nice, said we could pick any open site. Picked #21, and saw that obviously it was an old, and tired camp. But, the sites in the older camp were quite large...you had a good distance from your neighbor. The scenery was very mice - we looked out on a broad, open field. I walked over to Outdoor Rec the next morning to pay and asked about wifi, paving the site, etc. He explained the budget problems Services was having, and I fully understood. USAF is at war, and the $$$'s aren't there. He reminded me that the base was keeping the old camp open simply because the new one is often sold out. Wifi was available at the base library - very nice - as well as at the Lodging office, 24/7, and the food court at the BX, 9AM-7PM M-Sun. A great value at $13 a night. Great Falls is a nice little town. Oh yes, one problem...there isn't a base laundry, although you could sneak into the lodging guest quarters. Nearest laundry - a good one - is in town, about 5 miles from base. There was quite a bit of vacant commercial property right outside the gate - a great opportunity for some enterprising retiree to build and operate "Main Gate Laundry"!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts