Featured
Nevada 63017
May 23-28, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We previewed this facility and, after selecting a site (#2 - an end unit sharing the water faucet with nice people on Site #3), we were able to make reservations to arrive the following day. Some sites had their water faucets taped off pending repairs but we were told they were being fixed one at a time (one reason why we had to attach a y-coupler to our neighbor's faucet). In this newer park, all pull-thru sites have wide, long paved pads; to date, there's no landscaping but great potential around the perimeter. No trees thus no problems for spouse getting his DISH satellite signal but our Verizon cell phone was on extended service & I couldn't get Broadband access (my issues, not campground's). Clean, new laundry room; plenty of paperback books to swap. Friendly on-site Camp Host who gave us a heads-up the Base Library was closing down its operation and giving away hardback books. I was happy to relieve them of three. All-in-all, a decent place for the price and one we'd return to. Much preferred our own directions: coming from the South (or North) on Hwy 95 turn East on Berney Lane (AKA Hwy 119). Berney goes straight to the South Gate (truck/RV entrance); after pulling thru gate take an immediate left, then another left at the intersection. Follow winding road (parallels a handy paved walking/biking path) until a major fork in the road with a Stop Sign. Go thru that stop and keep going straight. You should be able to spot the RVs parking area down the road on the left. When you get to the intersection with those RVs off to the left, turn left then turn right into the campground. There's a spacious area for parking RVs next to the bathhouse while you check which sites are available. Once you know which sites are not yet occupied, go over to the MWR Dept. in Bldg. 393 about a block away. Price is a reasonable $13/day or $77/wk.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or