4.5 208
Nevada 195573
Jan 11-19, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First the sites. Original plans for the circles where I am was for four rigs. They are putting eight on each circle. Because of this, some of us have our door opening right onto the road, so can't sit outside there. The others have doors opening toward the middle of the circle. Inside each circle there are four "patios" with a picnic table. So unless you are one of the rigs with a door opening into the circle, you don't have one. Outdoor cooking is to be in provided grills or your own. No provided grills in the circle and again, unless you are facing in, you don't have a place to have a grill, and no picnic table. If you are to share the picnic tables, then the other campers should be told that. In the circle I am in, one of the inward facing is a motor home with a bunch of junk piled against it and they have a small child and have rigged a swing from the tree next to the picnic table. Personal items were all over the picnic table and seats. Another table is also covered with personal items and bicycles leaning against it. I measured and I have 44 inches to the rig behind me and 74 inches to one in front. There is no place next to your rig to park so you have to park across the street which is not really a big problem. Most of the sites that are not on these circles are very large. There is at least 25 feet between them and they have nice concrete patios and grill. The showers and restrooms were very neat and clean. As stated before, they only had half walls between them and no place to hang clothes or towels except in the shower enclosure with you. The staff was very friendly and helpful and check in was very easy. There is a nice trail that goes around the park (about 3/4 mile) for walking or biking. It is a good place for short term in you are just passing through or sightseeing in the area. It is not that far from downtown Las Vegas, if you are into gaming and shows. It is about a 2 1/2 to 3 hours drive to Death Valley and about an hours to Hoover Dam. I feel the $18 a night is high for the tight circles and lack of the picnic tables and grills, but not that bad for the large sites. Because of weather concerns, I asked to extend my stay by a day and it was done. Again staff was friendly and helpful.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or