4.2 44
New Jersey 55081
April 31-May 1, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a very nice campground. The rate has gone up to $20 but worth every dollar. It has eight very large spaces that were formerly part of a trailer park on the base. This causes the hookups to be at locations that are not the most convenient but it works out OK. It also has a new section where they have constructed 11 more sites that are more conventional RV sites but not as large. We have full hook-ups with 50 amps, good Verizon coverage and I was able to hit the satellite after a little moving around of the dish to get through the trees. We didn't use the restroom or laundry facilities but they were just built last year so should be fine. The RV park is ran by Muriel Smith who is absolutely the most congenial person I have ever met that was in charge of anything. You call and make a reservation and she emails you a confirmation (a first for me at FamCamps) and then gives you a call the morning of the reservation if there may be any problems getting on base. In our case, a Condition Delta drill shut the base down and she wanted to make sure we wouldn't get there before the drill was over and the base opened back up. A well deserved Bravo Zulu for Muriel.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or