New Mexico 80489
16-18 May 2011
(Updated: May 19, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The Fam Camp was easy to find if you follow directions, my TomTom took me right to it. We had called ahead and made reservations but checked in on Sunday so almost nothing was open. There was no bulletin board or any direction to tell us what spot to go to. We asked another camper & was told that the person they had spoken to said just take an empty spot, so we did the same. There are old reservation signs still hanging on many of the sites that are from March. It was easy to pull in and get connected, water, sewer and power 50/30 amp. Sites are long gravel pads with a covered patio with picnic table, really nice sites. The bathrooms are still being worked on, but it's obvious that they are not a priority nor is the FamCamp as it appears no one checks it with any frequency. When we arrived on Sunday we observed two dumpsters which were filled to overflowing, they were dumped on Monday morning. I was told that due to a record-setting hard freeze in early February the bathrooms and showers in the nearby clubhouse were closed, awaiting repairs. I asked if there was an estimated date of completion and was informed that they really didn't know. We could have used to showers in the aquatic center, but after taking a look at them decided to use our camper shower instead. The best thing about this area is the views of the mountains and the missile museum. Nearest town is Las Cruces, a nice city about 25 miles west. VERY quiet, remote setting. Small Commissary and even smaller BX, but adequate for the size of this base. I would not make this a stop if in the area again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or