4.1 61
New Mexico 80607
Feb 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Very small, very quiet, very remote, very nice. Kimberly at MWR (Bldg 445) is friendly and helpful. At the main gate, angle to the right for commercial trucks and RV's. No signs to get to the park, but the directions are accurate. However, I will add that when coming up (west) on Aberdeen, go slow -- there is a large ditch/depression across the road next to the Fire Department. Also, it's a little difficult to know which road to turn into once you get to the RV park -- after Aberdeen makes a shallow turn to the left, you will see 3 "potential" entrances on the left. All 3 will work, but the center one is best. The RV park sets at the base of beautiful, snow-capped mountains (Feb07). The commissary and PX are smaller than most, but still quite adequate. No wifi anywhere on base -- but high-speed (100Mbps) is available at the base library. Unfortunately, you have to use their computers, but printing is free. Very nice library and helpful staff. Long, reasonably steep, unmarked grade between WSMR and Las Cruces -- I'm guessing 6% on either side for 4-5 miles. I'm sure we'll be back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or