Review Detail

3.8 40
April 29 to May 4, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First, I would not call this a recreation area when comparing it to other campgrounds. The 4 RV sites are in a parking lot between two barracks like buildings. They do have full hookups and picnic table at all four. I was assigned site #1 and told it was the one farthest in. When I got to the area, #1 is the first one and #4 is the farthest in. #1 is the smallest of the sites but had no problem with my 26 foot travel trailer. The water for #2 had a problem so the RV in there had run a hose to the #1 hookup and put a Y in there. Again, no problem. The continental breakfast is in a building across the street. Not a big choice of items, but as stated before it is free. I didn't use the laundry, but see that is free too. With my Golden Age Passport, $10 per night was a real bargain. The commissary was not stocked that well but had most items. Exchange was well stocked and typical Army exchange. This is a place to park your rig to do other things in the area. Another plus is there is a fitness center in the building in front of you. New equipment and was never busy when I was there. The coordinates given will take you to Pine Ln. which is not where the camping area is. It is on Officer's Loop. The check in is at Drum Inn. Coordinates for that are 44.03608 75.78658. I have checked these a few times and I end up there every time. I also checked the coordinates of the campsites. Should be 44.03388 75.75312. These took me right to it. Again checked. It does take you a little round about, but it gets you right to the area. Good place as a base of operations or overnight.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
September 13, 2009
h2otraveler,
I appreciated the updated GPS coordinates, but in order to be in the USA the second string needs to be minus. So it should be 44.03388 -75.75312, goes right to officers loop.
1 results - showing 1 - 1