4.0 95
North Carolina 160282
July 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I would agree with the other comments that the staff is very friendly and there are some decent amenities at Ft Fisher including a pool and fishing. But we were generally disappointed in our visit and left after one night. I suspect the newer RV sites are better but we were placed in what is termed "an overflow site with a full hookup" - I believe it was #26. The check-in person surprisingly said we could park the motorhome anyway we wanted on the grass as long as we didn't block the adjacent sites and then joked that she often sees people walk the site for 15 or 20 minutes to try to figure out how to use it. In short, it is impossible to use as a full hookup, and it is a challenge to shoehorn a motorhome between the overhanging tree and building next to it. On top of that the park's "dump station" is literally in the grass approximately 8 feet from the right side of the coach where we had to park. And the dump station has no water, so people wheel their dump tanks over and then mostly pour it down the drain but then have no water to clean up what they missed The smell was bad. Again, the "regular RV sites" may be fine but we did not enjoy our visit to Fort Fisher and left sooner than we anticipated.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or