3.8 73
North Carolina 133226
Aug 19 - Sept 4, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our second time staying at Smith Lake and we absolutely love it!! The staff in the office is very friendly and accommodating. Along with all the maintenance workers. All the sites have a cement pad, the laundry was great, newer washers and dryers. We don't use the bath house so I can't tell you how it is. Smith Lake has a real nice park that always had some private picnics/parties going on. Basketball courts were nice. Every night we saw a lot of deer roaming around. They were so beautiful. Helicopters flew right over head every night and throughout the night,it didn't really bother us we thought it was cool. One night they hovered what we thought was right over our camper. I do have a few concerns: One is if you are staying at the campground you should be able to use the lake area with no extra charge. Half price is nice but included would be better as most campgrounds have at least a pool. However I do understand if you are using the skiing area. It seems no one follows the speed limit in the camping area, maintenance workers on gators and cars. We also noticed a lot of vehicles that were not staying or visiting anyone in the camping area driving through. There is absolutely no security! MP's drive through once a shift if they can (we spoke with one to ask). The security is a big concern! Even though I have some concerns we will definitely be staying here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or