North Dakota 50665
July 9 -13, 2011
(Updated: July 18, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Nice park and the price is the best value for any military campground. With the Golden Passport or Golden Access Pass the daily rate is reduced from $12.00/night to $6.00 night. Access through the Cargo Gate is tricky on the weekends. The Cargo Gate is closed on Saturday and Sunday and is probably closed after working hours. I had to call the base info, who in turn transferred me to base security. I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to open the cargo gate. And then I went through a canine inspection. I would not recommend trying the main gate with a big rig! Showers are clean, campground is clean, the clerks at Outdoor Recreation are friendly but clueless (did not know who emptied the washers/dryers of quarters). They did not have enough change for $10.00 worth of quarters. Mosquitoes are terrible this time of year but they do spray at least once a week. I would have rated the park higher if it had wi-fi and cable TV. I was able to pick up NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS with an antenna (and digital TV).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or