Review Detail

3.8 156
9 - 12 May 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

A few changes in access gates, Gate 26A is closed. A new gate is being constructed about a mile further on Route 235, not sure when it will open. We entered through gate 12A and followed Spruce Way to Skeel Ave. Skeel follows the flight line so turn toward the right from Spruce Way then take the left at the “Y” in the road. Follow Skeel around the airfield, it will become Loop Rd, after passing the closed gate (Gate 26) take the right at the “Y” intersection. Follow this road until you pass the brown sign on the left. The next left is the FamCamp. If you are in the sites without sewer hook-up you have to drive all the way through the park, past the dump station and back to the entrance road to be able to back into one of the sites. We have a 45 foot coach so I dropped our Jeep and turned around in a wide area past my assigned site. We missed the information about the non-sewer site we were assigned to and it was too late to change when we arrived, all of the full hook-ups were reserved. The cost for the sites without sewer is $22 vs $25 for full hook-up sites. Nice Park with a great camp Host. We did not have to check in at the office, we had pre-paid and had our site assigned. The route through the Base is not well marked. The GPS has led me to closed gates more than once, not totally unexpected. Great area with the best Air Museum I have visited so far. John and Barbara, 45’ Entegra, Aspire with a Jeep Wrangler 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 5

Comments

To write a comment please register or