3.6 27
Ohio 72588
May 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Really nice campground. 40 sites with good road network. Sites are blacktop, level and long. Narrow, but usable for our 40 motor home. Water and electric standard park utilities (locked, given key at registration). Dump is somewhat unusual. There is a 6” opening in a 36” iron cap. When you remove the 6” opening, there is the standard piping for your dump hose, 8/10” below. I have a Sani-con system. Little difficult to get the end, into that space and secure it onto the dump pipe. There is a table and fire ring at each site. There is toilet/shower building located at the park. Didn’t use, tho many folks did. OTA TV reception poor and no cable. When here last, (06) the trees were newly planted. Tree near our site is a Callory Pear, now 7-8” caliper. Nice lush lawn throughout. When entering Camp, signs direct you towards RV PARK. You pass the park road and end up at (the office) where you register. (There is a printable map on their web site that is useful) Didn’t know that. Made U-turn there and went to park. Called office, they gave me site #, parked, and went back to office and registered. On their web site, lists a dining hall open to everyone, but when I enquired, told there was none. Their web site need updating. Camp was full (Memorial weekend) of young families. Thought that many were active guardsmen (no near military bases), until I found out park is open to public. There is no gate to the post. There is no security patrolling to insure rules are maintained. Rules ignored this weekend. No quiet hours, no dog rules (must be leashed) not running loose. Kids on skate boards, bikes and a not so new stand-on gizmo late into the nite. There were three large (separate) groups partying. Must have requested specific sites to be together. We have stayed at FamCamp’s throughout 46 (??) states. Cost out of range for what you get. Other campground near-by, with various discounts, offers more. At $40/nite, (with military discount) doubt that we will return. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts