Review Detail

3.5 38
October8-11, 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

There were new phone numbers for Outdoor Rec (580-442-0930), Reservations (580-250-4040 or 580-250-4000), and Park Office (580-583-0670). Staff and all Post signage referred to this RV Park as LETRA (the acronym for the lake). The reservation system worked smoothly. These directions to LETRA worked well: Traveling South on I-44, take the Hwy 62/Rogers Lane exit (40B) and head West for 0.8 mile. Exit again to Northbound, Fort Sill Blvd.  Enter Fort Sill and turn left at Mow-Way Road (1st light). Go past the Welcome Center. Turn right on Tower Two Road and go approximately 4 miles. Turn left on North Boundary Road and go approximately 4 miles. LETRA will be on the right.
We arrived mid-day on a Tuesday. We had no problem coming in the gate. Just showed military ID. We stopped at the Welcome Center. Parking lot can accommodate RVs. Nice guy at the desk, but he had very little visitor info. We detoured a bit and stopped at the Commissary on the way out to the lake. It was well-stocked and staff were helpful. PX, Commissary, and gas station were centrally located. Parking lots were tight but adequate for RVs. We were told by several locals that every Thursday and Friday the post is filled with people attending AIT graduations and these shopping areas get crowded. The drive to the lake was a little freaky due to its rural nature, lots of curves, and the signs warning it was an impact zone, but street signs were well-placed, the directions were clear, and the road was in good shape. There were several low-water crossings, but they were dry on our visit. I would not do the drive at night. This quiet, well-maintained park was pretty amazing. I imagine that it is very busy in spring and summer with the beach, boat rentals, fishing, and multiple playgrounds. Camp host and office staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The electric and sewer hookups were new. Park was full but voltage was good. Water pressure was very low. The natural setting of lake and hills was awesome. On Wednesday the constant whump sound of artillery fire was interesting. Silent on Thursday. We stayed here during the fall, so the beach, water park, cafe, and lodge were closed, but all the other amenities (mini-golf, marina, playgrounds, archery, bathrooms, showers, laundry, etc. were open). Rental office and general store were open limited hours. We walked sidewalks and trails all around the park. Top of Pratt Hill was lovely. Never could get WIFI to work, but Verizon signal and satellite TV were good, so did not need it. Did not try the free cable TV. There are no trees in the RV Park, but there are plenty at each of the playgrounds and beach along with ramadas and covered picnic tables. Laundry room was clean ($1 to wash and $1 to dry). The hard-pack gravel sites were long, wide, and level. I made reservations by phone without a problem (580-250-4040). I paid $30 a night for E/W/S (30 amp). I made it clear I was military, but was not offered a lower rate.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or