Oregon 166685
4-16 to 4-20, 2011
(Updated: April 20, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As stated before, it is a parking lot with hookups. The bathrooms and showers are extremely clean. The staff does a great job. The laundry room was very clean as well. As stated, 10 each washers and dryers. You do have to go to billeting to get a key card to use the laundry. The shopette on base does havea few things. A little ride gets you to a Coast Guard Exchange that does stock some food items. They also have gas pumps and the price was 10 cents a gallon cheaper than anywhere in town. The coordinates for your GPS for the exchange (taken from my GPS) are 46.17222,-123.841667. It is easy to get to thought. Head north on 101. At the rotary, take the first exit which will head you south on Bus. 101. The exchange is about one mile from the rotary. No diesel. The gas pumps are open every day from 0900-1800 and on Sunday 1000-1600. Overall, nice place to base for touring the area. Some museums nearby in Astoria. A trip to Tillamook and the cheese factory is a nice ride along the coast. Quite a few places to pull off and just enjoy or take pics of the ocean. Will definitely stay here again if I am in the area even though I feel the $20 is a little high.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts