4.3 134
South Carolina 171762
May 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Nice and clean park and it has 3 distinct areas - Long Termers (in the shade), Up Front (in the SUN) and back look by the new bathroom. The roadways are all paved and the the sites are cement and level! Area is well maintained with grass cut and clean facilities (new bathrooms). I was very disappointed to find the Charleston AFB allows people to "homestead" for LONG periods of times. In fact, ALL of the shaded sites are for LONG Termers and some of the other back sites are people "waiting" to get back into LONG TERM (shaded) areas. The Camp Host said that many (and I mean MANY) have been there for 2+ years with Heath (one of the previous Camp Hosts) being there for 5+ years! Also, the RV Park is run by the Camp Hosts! Even though the little sign says check in with the Camp Host or Outdoor Rec, we were turned away from Outdoor Rec and told to find the Camp Host. Also, we had a little trouble trying to locate the back gate (only gate allowed for RV entrance since the scan/xray all large vehicles. All signage at the Main Gate says to enter via Aviation Ave…however, there are NO signs to direct you to Aviation Ave and the GPS continues to want to take you to the Front Gate. The cost of the Laundry was astounding…$1.25! Just amazing how they gouge the RVers at Air Force bases when the Navy usually have laundry for FREE! The WiFi was WEAK! Depending on the location in the park, it was hit and miss -- mostly miss. While they do have WiFi hotspots/antennas throughout the park, they just don't work. Finally, the current Camp Host gives you a BUNCH of brochures for the local area. He also highlighted MANY areas on the base map…a little overkill especially if I can find the Charleston RV Park and back gate!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 6

Comments

To write a comment please register or