4.3 134
South Carolina 171667
21-24 May 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

F.O. left this review using the Directory software: - First use of a military base RV site. Easy to get too off of I26 West. Only 2d exit off of I526. Great folks at the Outdoor Recreation Center and Campground. Made reservations for Downtown Carriage Ride, Patriot's Point and Ft Sumter at a significant discount from downtown. Easy to get too Charleston. I26 East straight into town. About 15 minutes when the traffic allows. Parking downtown is a challenge. Clean/new bathhouse and laundry. Secure/cypher locks on bathhouse doors. All new RV sites have a cement pad, new picnic table and 20/30/50 Amp electrical service. Require an extended (25 foot+) sewer line if your RV has a center discharge outlet. Drop is at the back of the pad behind the water and electrical hookups. Plenty of space to walk pets. Only noise was landings and takeoffs from the airbase which shares runways with Charleston International Airport. RV Coordinator lives on the site so is available 24/7. Only camper supply store is Camper's World on off of I26 West heading for Columbia on Rivers Road (SC 52 ?). Express Mart, PX and Commissary are easy to get too. Charleston Club (all ranks) is also easy to get too and food is great. So is the beer!!! Will definitely visit this location! Hope all military RV sites are up to these standards.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or