Review Detail

3.9 60
Dec 16 - Apr 17
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our last night at Weston Lake in Fort Jackson RV Park. We have wintered here from 1 Dec 16 – 16 Apr 17. Here is my take a way of the park: If you like plenty of spaces between RV’s this might be the place for you. If you get the lower sites (we had N-5) there are huge amounts of space between each site. The higher sites (in the 20’s) are more typical of other parks. There are quite a few of active duty that are living there full time! I know why but it takes away from many of the nicer sites from others. You can stay up to 90 days but with an extension they will let you stay longer if approved. We stayed here because my son was active duty here. Wife wanted to be around the grandsons!!! They have raised their daily costs. Daily fee is now $22.00 per night. $19.50 if you have an Access Pass. There are no weekly or monthly rates. Be forewarned: there are on laundry services here. You have to go on post or drive down Leesburg road. I must say, the area doesn’t look the safest but that might be me. We never had any issues but everyone told us to be careful. The back gate has some very weird hours so I would suggest you take a picture of the hours until you get used to going on post. As of today the lake is way down. You CAN NOT put a boat in at the ramp. They have been repairing the damn so they have drained the lake. Before it was lowered the fishing was good. Stumps that are now 5’ to 6’ out of the water were completely submerged when we first got here. So if you plan on fishing in a boat I would call first. The office personal is friendly and helpful. They did have trouble finding where I paid over the phone so keep your receipts! They have a large swimming beach but it doesn’t open until Memorial Day. I was here last June and the whole area is full of people. Overall our stay here was great. I would stay again if ever in the area. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or