Tennessee 123198
various
(Updated: June 23, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I stay here a fair amount, so I thought I should chime in with my two cents worth. the famcamp at Arnold AFB has been a fantastic getaway for my family and I. I live about 70 miles away, so it is a quick transition to a vacation oasis. I have a small (21') trailer and the sites are all easily accessed and most in wonderful locations for lake and scenic views. The staff could not be more helpful. On a limited budget they do a great job keeping the facility in fine condition. This is not a for profit, upscale vacation destination, but neither are the prices. 20 bucks a night for full hookups, beautiful lake views, sand beach, boatdock...golf, tennis and a world class gym nearby...you just can't beat it. As a plus, it is almost never crowded. I ride my bike on the base roads which are wide and safe and seldom used. They even have a mountain bike track on the base. Kirsten, the new services director and her staff are working very hard to improve those areas that need improving. The bath houses are sometimes not perfect. Clean up after yourselves folks! Sometimes a site will have butts and bottle caps thrown about or beer cans in the firerings...give me a break, your mother doesn't live here! Police up the area before you leave for the next campers. Last week I had a problem with the electric hook up, Jackie dropped what he was doing and replaced a circuit breaker panel in about 5 mins flat. I don't want to name all the names, because I'll leave someone out (Joe, greg, Nathan). It can't all be roses of course, I'd like to see fewer pesky squirrels and I have had to be careful to check for ticks. All in all a great spot, great staff, great value. Everybody stay away..don't come here and don't tell your friends.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
September 16, 2019
There are NO full hook ups, boat dock is tangled in aquatic weeds. Beach is 40' wide and neglected. 90 day local residents taking the pull through sites. 9/12/19
1 results - showing 1 - 1