3.8 48
Tennessee 123357
30 Mar 14 - 6 Apr 14
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

When we first contemplated visiting Arnold AFB, I read the reviews here and wasn't too impressed with what I read. But we like to check out places that we have not previously visited, so here we are. And we're glad we came. Apparently management has heeded the complaints and suggestions and we're quite pleased with things. In fact, we extended our stay a few days. Both bathhouses had been painted inside and out and were very clean. The water was nice and hot. A lot of new gravel appears to have been spread at the sites. I will agree that a number of the sites are not too level and it's a bit of a challenge to get level. Previous reviews had mentioned lots of trash - we saw very little. Trash barrels were emptied regularly. Someone has done a lot of leaf-blowing, which improves the looks of things. One can now make a reservation by site, and at $12 for military/retired personnel, it's a great deal. Kaycie at the FAMCAMP desk was great to deal with, both on the phone when making our reservation and in person after our arrival. We found the directions on this site a bit confusing - here's my version: 4 ½ miles SW of I-24 on TN-127. Turn right (west) onto Old Brick Church Rd. 1 ½ miles from TN-127 turn left onto Pumping Station Rd. Go 1 mile, turn right onto Northshore Dr. Westover Rd is .2 mile along Northshore Dr. on the left. Turn left onto Westover to go to FAMCAMP registration at the Wingo Inn at the end of the road. Plenty of maneuver room for larger rigs. Coordinates are: 35.319737, -86.068276. The FAMCAMP is on Northshore Dr. 1.1 miles from Pumping Station Rd, also on the left with a sign. Coordinates are: 35.325165, -86.083251. The FAMCAMP and office are both outside the base - one does not pass through any gates to get to the FAMCAMP. We will definitely plan to stay here again. Ted H.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or