3.8 48
Tennessee 123469
May 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I almost didn't stay here after reading the reviews, but my hubby, who didn't go to this site, said he called and they had sites available. He said if it wasn't decent, we'd go up the road to the state park cg. Boy, was I glad he told me to 'check it out'. We couldn't have asked for a more picturesque site. It was pull-through which is nice for our rig, only water and electric, but at $12 a night you can't beat it. It's a CAMPGROUND.....not a resort, and that's what I wanted. Quiet, peace, a great view of nature and all it's glory from the bold squirrels who played tag with our pups, to the great blue herons and the redheaded woodpeckers, I loved my time there. I agree, the older bathhouse is a bit, well, OLD......time and money, and in this economy, is few and far between. The new Asst. Mgr measured all the sites (no one in the past had any idea how important that is for prospective campers) so the office can know if someone's rig will fit in the available site. While there are a few "homesteaders", they are made to leave after 60 days, so there are no permanent structures on the sites. Some of the campers were 'semi' permanent, locals who parked their camper on a 'sweet' site for a month or two, all to be able to come down on the weekends and enjoy the water and the view. After all, for 12 a night, 'renting' the site for a month or two is an inexpensive multi week vacation, all for less than it would cost for gas on a weeklong trip! and this dedicated income will come in handy to help with the improvements this new team wants to make, including sewage on site, at least on the bigger sites. As with everything, it costs money to improve, and they don't want to do it at the expense of raising their prices too much. They want to keep this affordable for ALL. Then again, writing this review might just cause me to lose my quiet little piece of heaven, but the staff were all helpful, informative and accessable......what more could you ask for?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts