3.8 48
Tennessee 123194
August - September 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Famcamp is right on the lake. Beautiful area. Very quiet. Price was great until September 1st. Monthly rate went to $450.00. Daily rate up to $18.00 per night. Now way overpriced considering they have no sewer hookups. Beach is small and needs some TLC. Like about 30 yards of sand. I would come back. Commissary has everything one needs. No medical services on base. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
December 15, 2016
Spoke with MWR today, 12-15-16. The person I spoke with stated that pretty much the entire "old" staff was relieved of duty and a new staff is in place; as of September 2016 sometime. I have no idea if there have been any improvements as I have avoided the place up to this point because of all the comments from this forum. My guess is that the price increase(s) correlates with some improved or added benefits, but thats a wishful guess at best. Honestly, if it's like most all the other MWR facilities globally, the price increase(s) comes because of added increases in staff and staff salaries. Well, MAYBE one day I'll visit the place.

I'm looking for a half way point for over nights between Wright Pat AFB and NAS-Pensacola, an easy in n out, without breaking the bank. Would prefer I-65 corridor, but would take I-75 if the stop over fit the bill. Any suggestions?
1 results - showing 1 - 1