3.8 34
Texas 54549
21-22 Dec 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First off, I am really disappointed in the $35 price tag on the site. Abilene is a great little town, but we just stayed at Nellis for half the cost and well, it's Vegas. There are the normal amenities such as cable, sewer and level concrete pads. The parking spaces are very short, just in case you stay one night and want to stay hooked up, your truck will stick out the front. Second major gripe is the laundry facility. It cost $1.75 to wash a load of clothes and $1.75 to dry that same load. It might not seem expensive, but when you have a family of four, it gets pretty pricey. It was also the most expensive laundry stay of all other famcamps we've experienced so far. Showers and one toilet are extremely clean, but set up in a large room of wasted space and zero places to put down a bar of soap. I came in at 10 PM. There were no information desks, self pay or any clues as to where to pay. I used this site to tell me how much to pay and a contact number to call in the morning. There was no camp host during my stay, and really didn't see a person come around. Overall the stay was pretty decent, but could have been better on the wallet. I could have stayed in temp lodging for $30 more! I will not be staying here again, and probably will not recommend it to any of my camp buddies unless they are planning on staying for a week or longer.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or