4.2 161
Texas 163403
October 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We've been coming here for the last 10 years. The famcamp is bad, then gets better, then gets bad again. No consistency. While the sites are very large and roomy. Concrete pads with plenty of room to accommodate large units. Laundry area is free and very clean. Didn't use the bathrooms, but I hear they too are clean. Lawns are mowed on a near daily basis and the guys who do the mowing are very friendly and helpful, and greeted me each morning with a wave and good morning. One of them helped me move my picnic table off the lawn and back on the cement pad. The camp hosts are also very friendly and work hard to keep the areas clean. We camp here specifically for the fishing and were quite disappointed to learn the pier was unusable. No one seems to know when it will be up and running again. The homesteading is a real issue with this particular famcamp. There are a lot of contractors who are taking sites away from veterans and their families. That should be addressed by the management. There is a problem person here but I had no run ins with her. We tend to keep to ourselves, but we heard from others that the troublemakers are here and they like to ruin it for others. There's always one no matter where you go. Just ignore her and you'll be fine. Never saw any coyotes but we did hear they are around so keep an eye on your children and smaller pets. WiFi is free but you have to share it with the entire base. Be careful with your passwords. Thieves will take them, we had our Netflix account stolen while we were here. They also need to enforce the picking up after your dog rule. Dog feces is a health hazard to other dogs, not to mention no one wants to step in it. Overall it's an okay place to stay. We would come back, but we hope the pier is fixed by then.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 28 7

Comments

To write a comment please register or