4.2 161
Texas 163397
Oct 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were traveling back home to Houston from Port Aransas and staying at this famcamp was a last minute decision. After reading some of the previous reviews I decided to add my own. Biggest complaint is the dog poo. My kids were always stepping in it. That really annoys us because we clean up after our dogs. Another issue is the lack of a playground for children. There is absolutely no designated place for kids to play. The cars (and golf carts) that drive through here do not obey the posted speed limits and you take your life in your hands as you walk around. Not a very safe place to walk your pets, or your children. Huge potholes make it difficult to drive through the road. The base itself has the worst streets of any base we've ever been to. WiFi wasn't working. Two dryers in the laundry area were broken and we were told it's been that way for over a year. No air conditioning makes doing laundry a very unhealthy, unpleasant chore. Upside is the base is very close to town, the beach was clean of trash and debris. Pier is destroyed. Facilities are clean and well cared for. Management really doesn't seem to care whether or not you've enjoyed your stay. It's really more of a give-us-your-money-and-go-away type of attitude they seem to have. We found the campground in Kingsville to be so much more family friendly. There is a very bad element here at the NAS famcamp that caused us to leave early. Chances are we won't stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 37 11

Comments

To write a comment please register or