Texas 84889
23 Dec 2015 - 6 Jan 2016
(Updated: January 03, 2016)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

There are 15 pull thru FHU RV sites 20/30/50 and 5 back in 20/30/50 and water sites.  Bathrooms could use a good cleaning but not totally bad.  Marina office/store is CLOSED on Mon, Tue, Wed and open 9-3 the other days in winter, it has very small selection of drinks and snacks,plenty of rental equipment available although it was cold while we were here.  Campground Host is on site 6, but you won't see much of him and not sure he knows whats going on. At least two sites are homesteading and trashy looking, one site has a FEMA rental trailer on it.  They do have 4 or 5 park models for rent in seperate area as well as two additional FEMA trailers.  It is apparent that this park has been ignored for a few years and could use some work and clean up.  However it was still a relaxing place to stay and we would return.  I did complain to the staff about the junkie looking trailers and the lack of attention being paid to the restrooms.  Del Rio is 8 miles away and has about everything you would need.  The base is about 15 miles away.  Directions above are good.  Just keep driving til you get to the Border Patrol Entry Station and stay to right (don't enter border crossing) you'll turn right just after and across from Entry Station onto the Marina Rd, 1.8 miles and it ends at the Marina/Campground.  GPS had me turn before crossing RR, DON'T stay on 349 to border station about 2 miles.  I am told the manager has been in the position for about 2 years, the Marina employee has just started working out here recently and is trying to clean things up, and the Wing Commander has taken an interest in the marina and making it better, time will tell. It appears that there is a lack of Management oversight at this place.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or