4.2 161
Texas 163395
2014 - 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed in this campground from October 2014 to October 2015 and it was the worst camping experience of our lives. First of all there is more than just "some" homesteading, there is a lot of homesteading. Some of them have been there for 3+ years, and won't be leaving anytime soon.  Even though homesteading is against MWR rules, here it's overlooked because cash is king. Another problem is that if some of these homesteaders don't want you staying here, they will go to unimaginable lengths to drive you out, which is what happened to us. One couple days of women filed false police reports against us, to either embarrass us or cause us to want to leave. Either way the phony allegations were a complete waste of time and resources, which didn't appear to bother them. Another thing they did to us was they placed screws under our tires in hopes of causing damage to our property.  That also didn't work. They walked there dog over to my vehicle and allowed it to urinate on my tires.  Enough became enough and we left. Other problems are most definitely the dog feces, anyone who says otherwise either is blind or is part of the problem of not cleaning up after their pet. Drunk drivers speeding thru the park, crashing into things. People racing around on golf carts and almost hitting a little boy in a wheelchair. The beach is gorgeous if you don't mind kicking the trash out of your way. My husband and I spent hours picking up the trash that littered the beach, which was a daily endeavor.  The pier is a complete mess. Laundry facilities are free, if you dare use them. Some homesteaders appear to think it's their personal laundromat and you take the risk of their wrath if you dare use it.  Garbage cans so full they overflow onto the ground. Mold dripping from the air vents in the bathrooms.  Dumpsters that smell so bad they leave you gagging. People like to throw dead fish in them. Complaints definitely fall on deaf ears. There is a very poor manager and he should be replaced by someone who can handle the job. Others only care about the profits, your safety is of no concern. If you're looking for a drama free stay, I suggest another place. We will never ever stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 44 11

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
March 03, 2016
If you stayed there for a year, it sounds like you were a "homesteader."
March 04, 2016
In reply to an earlier comment

We we camp hosts. Meaning we actually provided a service. My husband was a groundskeeper and I spent my days cleaning up the trash so others could enjoy the beach. Thankyouverymuch
January 31, 2017
These folks probably stayed somewhere, but in a month here at NAC Corpus Christi I have seen nothing this person alleged. Everyone is the park is congenial -- haven't had any nail problem or the other things the writer described. Another thing that kind of stuck out -- there is no beach here -- a sea wall and brick brack but no beach. Have no idea what this lady was smoking!
May 28, 2018
In reply to an earlier comment

If you don’t know your facts, please don’t post. This park had a beach back when this review was written. The tide has taken the beach away in the last year or two. Your comment was rude, uncalled for and misinformed.
4 results - showing 1 - 4