4.2 161
Texas 163395
Jun 9, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I've stayed here before and each time I return the famcamp gets progressively worse. This last visit was no exception. Tons of homesteaders. The park is being over taken with extreme long termers. Which is against the rules. Dog rules are not enforced. Dog crap all along the beach, on the road, on the walkways. It's disgusting. Mosquitos so thick there are times you can't even go outside. Heavy drinkers who break out into fist fights. Long termers calling the police on others. Theft is a huge problem. I had my fishing poles and coolers stolen while I was out running. My Netflix account was hacked and my password stolen. Diesel was stolen out of my truck. Someone is feeding the wildlife so the coyotes are hanging around. I was very disappointed that the pier has not been repaired in well over a year. Only upside is the management has been replaced. I'm hoping Chris can fix this place up, evict the long termers and enforce the rules. Wifi is terrible. Sites are large but you can't go outside and enjoy it. Pass this one by. Plenty of better places to spend your money. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 30 7

Comments

To write a comment please register or