Featured
Utah 121921
July 26, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is my first review as I have never felt a need to leave one, even though we use this site to read what others have written. We have stayed at Hill AFB several times before in our camper and never had any issues. It always seems to be crowded in the Spring/Summer. Until recently all staff members have been friendly, and courteous. Our stay this weekend was in a tent and a first for us at Hill. We had planned to stay 2 nights, but due to the actions of the host left early. When we came in on Saturday the office was closed. The host Barbara (who is new and I was told a volunteer), informed of us of the locations of facilities and ice machine. She stated we could get ice & as much as we needed for our cooler in the laundry facility. With a toddler we had milk to keep cool. She was gruff in her welcome, but we passed it off as being her nature. On Saturday we went to the local water park. Upon our return we needed ice and went to the ice machine. As the ice in our cooler had melted I took everything out and turned it upside down by our vehicle to drain. I went inside the laundry facility, & filled a half bag of ice. In the process of tying it off Barbra entered. She was upset and started yelling I couldn't fill my cooler with ice, and take it all. The signs states one bag of ice per customer, and you can pay for any extra. At that point I only had a half bag. I tried to explain that I had no intentions of filing my (almost empty cooler). She seemed to not understand, and continued to yell. Another camper stepped in and tried to explain, and calm her, but she would not listen. I stated I would pay for the ice if it had her that upset. From the laundry facility, while I re-packed our cooler, until we got in our vehicle she was yelling about the ice. We drove across the lot to Howard’s office to pay for our half-bag of ice. We explained the situation to Howard, & tried to pay for the ice. Howard said not worry about it, and get as much as we needed. When we went to get into our vehicle Barbra was parked beside us in the golf cart. She started yelling again, about not taking the ice. I told her she had great customer service and I would be sure to share my experience with those online. She then proceeded to yell how the site sucks. I closed the door as I sat in our vehicle waiting for my husband to come out of the office. Once he did Barbra attacked him verbally about the ice, and resumed yelling. He again tried to explain, but she wouldn't listen. After I rolled the window down to tell him it was a waste of time to try to reason with her, to get in and ignore her she approached our vehicle and begin to yell at me again. My husband asked her several times to please move so he could get into our vehicle.. As I tried to roll the window up she put her hand on it to block it while shaking her finger in my face. We left and went to a hotel immediately! The next morning we went to the outdoor recreation office and reported all of this to Steve. From what both of us gathered there seems to be some confusion as to who is in charge and a battle for that job. Barbra had nothing but bad things to say about Howard, the Famcamp, and the area in her yelling escapade. We are PCSing in a couple of months and had planned to stay in the Famcamp as we passed through. We will find other arrangements if she is still there!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 3

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 30, 2014
That was totally uncalled for and the answer's not making other arrangements if she still there when you pass through. This is your Famcamp, not hers. Sorry you had a bad experience. I would take it up with the Famcamp director.
August 30, 2014
".......listen. After I rolled the window down to tell him it was a waste of time to try to reason with her, to get in and ignore her she approached our vehicle and begin to yell at me again. My husband asked her several times to please move so he could get into our vehicle.. As I tried to roll the window up she put her hand on it to block it while shaking her finger in my face...."

At that time I would have called SECURITY FORCES (base police) and reported here and pushed a charge for menacing and possibly assault (non consummated by battery).

Complaining to the main MWR office at Hill AFB will get you NO results. Period on that one.

I am not surprised people like Howard and Barbara are even there!

I hope you did submit a written detailed complaint on ICE and in written snail mail to the base/wing commander.

Unless people start complaining to higher ups, this type of nonsense will continue to happen.

Howard and Barbara have no business dealing with people in such a capacity.

The comments about the tent campers are right on. Tent campers seem to be not welcomed there.

It appears you are active duty (or were at the time) your complaint to the base commander about Barbara and Howard would be looked at better than a retiree's complaint.

Having been at Hill long enough years ago, it was well know that retirees are blown off.

One day Howard and/or Barbara will pull their nonsense on some retired 3 star or 4 start Flag/General Office and hope all hell comes down on them.

These two need to go away.

Nothing has changed about Howard. I had the horrible experience of dealing with him years ago.

Best way to express our dissatisfaction with him and Barbara is to NOT stay there and keep writing complaints to command.

I am puzzled how some can rate these two with high numbers on here.

Folks you are not going to get any breaks from these two people. So rate and write comments how the really are: RUDE JERKS.
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Cron Job Starts