4.7 95
Virginia 292354
January 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

J.A. left this review using the Directory software: - We stayed here five days. It was a nice walk to the beach and my dogs enjoyed the outing. Although the weather was chilly it was nice to be outside. The only thing we didn't like were troops doing their early morning PT trainging right outside our camper. Very loud and sleep disturbing at 7:00 am.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 6

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
April 13, 2014
It is a military base.
January 12, 2015
This is a training base. The "students" are marching to the schoolhouse and sound off loud and proud each morning (0700) and afternoon (1600ish). This only lasts for maybe a minuet as they are passing. I am currently there on an extended stay and like most of the other campers I know, we love the cadence and it reminds us of what we do or have done. I am glad some still have pride enough to "sound off".
July 20, 2022
Clearly this person was never in the service. I got out in 1990 and hearing that marching cadence gives me a sense of pride I can feel in my bones. Everybody I see that is former military smiles when they hear the troops. We also stand at attention for the morning Star Spangled Banner and Taps at the end of the day. I love this campground and the base.
3 results - showing 1 - 3
Cron Job Starts