4.4 109
Virginia 180428
16-19 May 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have been going to Kings Creek for several years and always enjoy my stay. Yes it true that the best part of the campground is now closed and yes the new area is we'll say very different from the old section. It has the character of some of the more commercial campgrounds now than it did not have before. However, regardless of the difference, Kings Creek is still by far the best campground to stay in if your plan is to visit all of the important areas of this country's great beginnings. I like the old campground but still like the people and the area. It is super clean, and the sites are of good size but, the best is it's location.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
June 11, 2014
I was told that they are going to upgrade the old camping area, but possibly just for TENT camping.
This is JUST a possiblity.
May 11, 2016
I was station here 30 years ago. Was addicted to running. I ran by the old camp sites every day. It had only a nine hole gold course back then. The Commanding Officer lived between the camp sites and the York River. We had to dodge deer and other critters on these runs. King's Creek is without doubt the best RV Park in the Navy's recreational program. Haven't met anyone that I had concerns about. Everyone has been friendly and if you need it the Staff hasn't waited to repair or correct something for you.
2 results - showing 1 - 2