3.8 43
Washington 134572
24 May - 28 May 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This place has a lot to offer a family. Wonderful facilities such as a well equipped gym; hot tub; game room for the teens with ping pong, arcade games, foosball; four lane bowling alley; and free movies on weekend nights. There is a playground for the little ones. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The RV park is well laid out, has paved level sites and is well kept. However the elecric is marginal. Only using the microwave reduced the voltage to below acceptable levels. The RV park sits on a bluff 100 feet above the Pacific Ocean, and there is a nice two mile walk you can take along the beach and back through town. Not much else to do in the area without driving an hour or more to Olympic Nat'l Park except sightseeing the local beach communities. There are no sewer hookups which leads to the big negative for me since spouse and I decided we could use the bathhouse showers to avoid having to use our portable holding tank during our weeklong stay. Our experience with military RV parks has been that the bathhouses are generally fairly decent and mostly excellent. If our stay hadn't started on a holiday weekend (Memorial Day), we would have checked out the next day but for concern we would not have been able to find another vacancy in the area. The bathhouse is absolutely deplorable, without doubt among the worst I have seen in the past. I personally feel it is insulting that the management here has so little concern for their guests that they would force us to use such inadequate facilities. It's as if they feel that the RV people are gypsies who don't care about where they shower. The floor was bare concrete, the walls had peeling paint and widespread mildew. There were cobwebs in numerous places, unpainted benches in a communal shower area that appeared very unsanitary, and no privacy in the showers. You are forced to hang your belongings in an open public area in front of the showers. The area underneath a row of sinks was unfinished, filthy and rusty. The real frosting on the cake was weeds growing 5 inches high in expansion joints in the shower stalls!! This doesn't begin to describe the run-down nature of the outside of this crude concrete block structure which can at least be excused due to the harsh conditions it is exposed to on the coast. For this place to call itself a "resort" without providing the very basic of facilities for its guests is truly stretching the definition. If my travels ever find me in this area again you can be sure I will find someplace else to stay. It's a shame that one thing like this can make an otherwise decent place come across in such a negative light.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or