3.8 43
Washington 134469
July 27- Aug. 1, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are new to military campground RVing, so we have little to compare to. First of all, there is only one, maybe there are two, campsites, from which you can view the ocean from your RV. The facility is on a bluff (safe from Tsunamis!)and so the ocean can always be heard, but not seen unless you go outside a few feet from your site. What we loved a lot in the middle of summer was peace and quiet! There were no loud people partying to all hours, no blaring radios, no humming generators as I have found in the past at public campgrounds. Lots of well behaved dogs (ours were probably the noisiest, and not very noisy at that), and lots of space. Weekdays, there were many empty spots, weekends 3/4 full. I thought the restrooms were fine, although I did prefer the shower in the gym to the ones in the campground restroom... just a little "cozier" than the campground style ones. We liked having the movies available in the lobby to borrow (no rental required), the friendly staff, friendly people. The hot tub was way too hot (supposedly 104 degrees, but I thought you could boil a crab in there, and I usually like hot water!) If you plan on being there for razor clamming, the campground is set up with cleaning areas. We wanted to try the bowling alley, but never found the time. We've eaten in the restaurant before, but not this time... I don't recall it being great, but not a "greasy spoon" either. When we drove past all the other private, and the one state park, campgrounds, and I saw all the RVs one on top of the other, I was very happy we had our spot!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or