4.8 105
Washington 123380
15 September - 22 September, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Five Stars: We spent a week (Sept 15 - 22, 2014) at Cliffside and had a wonderful experience. The camp hosts, Ken, Mike and Dave did a super job. The facility is beautiful with hundreds of blooming Dahlias and other flowers to look at. Ken made sure fresh flowers were available in a vase everyday to take back to our RV site. The level concrete pads are wide and easy to back into with plenty of room to park our truck on pavement. The park is well lite adding to the security. There are two or three covered gathering places to meet new friends, complete with fire pit, chairs and more. Gorgeous views of the Strait and the sunsets were as beautiful as any I've seen. On a clear night you can see the lights of Victoria, Canada. Enjoyed watching the ships and other water craft cruise by. Made me wish I had my boat with me. The beach was in great shape giving ample opportunity to explore for shells and rocks. We brought our own wood and had a couple small camp fires in the BBQ pit at our RV pad. Wood bundles are available to purchase from the host. Yes there is a little jet noise and I tell you we were proud to watch them fly. So not an issue for us. After all this is a Naval Air Station and I love the sound of freedom. The entire facility; showers, bathrooms, laundry, the grounds, everything was very clean and well kept. Perhaps the best RV park we have stayed at. Made a side trip to Deception Pass 25 minutes away and the view was breathtaking. Parked our truck (remember your WA state park pass or it's $10) and hiked across the bridge and back, then down to the North Shore just in time to see a man pull in a large Coho Salmon. Watched the Seahawks beat the Broncos (26-20) at the Bowling Alley's grill where there are maybe 7 big screen TV's. Lots of specials to fill you up. It was a Super Bowl redo. Great Sunday service at the base chapel. The commissary and NEX are on the opposite side of the island and is an easy 4 mile drive. A bit of a hassle to go out the gates and back in again but not too inconvenient. Our week just flew by. NOTE: The North Gate closes at 15:30 for RV entrance, but you can call to have them open the gate. Sorry I don't have the phone number. Just have to wait a little while. We will definitely be back!! Ron & Jan Titus
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts