3.6 41
Wisconsin 64380
23 July - 28 July 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We enjoyed our stay at Pine View. One of the things we enjoyed most was the bugle calls that sound throughout the day. It is a quaint tradition and it was nice to be reminded of when to honor the flag and other reasons for the calls. I guess they stopped them one year because civilians complained but they are back. I rated the campground low for value because it is open to the public. It can be difficult to get in on weekends or holidays because it is full of civilians. I found that the civilians tend to disregard rules and regulations regarding helmet wear when riding motorcycles and bicycles. I had forgotten my helmet for my bicycle but I was able to rent one from the campground for $1.00 day. Most civilians didn't bother. The rules are not enforced and I think this causes confusion and problems. I also found myself picking up trash left by others and I'm hoping those others were not military people. The staff is friendly and helpful. Most of the sites are easy to get into with my 5th wheel and they are heavily wooded. I think the cost is a little high for military members considering they only charge civilians $2 more a day than military. Civilians at Pine View pay a lower price than comparable private campgrounds in the area. We plan to camp at Pine View again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts