3.6 126
Wyoming 107206
August through September 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This campground is really nice and on a historic base with full facilities. Anything you can find at any AFB world wide you can find at F.E.Warren (except Space A Flights). Warren is right next to Cheyenne, Wyoming and it's attractions, just off I-25. Easy to get to from either I-25 or I-80 (just turn north on 25 to the next exit). The pluses they offer are low cost, close distance to commissary and BX, & within walking distance to the theatre, library, bowling alley, and recreation center with pool. As well as to the mess hall which is open to all. Golf course is 7 minute drive away. The two slight negatives are (1) the Railroad track that boarders the campground on the north (noise) and (2) the creek which provides LOTS of mosquitoes, during the summer. Lucky for all, summer doesn't begin until late May, and ends early September here. They open soon after the beginning of May (usually) and close by October 1st (usually) because it snows in both September and May in Cheyenne --- so water may not be on. There are sites with 50 amps and some with only 30 amp hookups. The showers have lots of hot water, the laundry has plenty of washers and dryers, and you can almost always get a space. However, NOT during Cheyenne Frontier Days and the week before, when they are usually 100% booked up, a full year in advance. The annual Freedom Celebration on the 4th of July is best viewed from the base right across I-25 with great fireworks. The base usually has a family picnic too on the 4th. There is lots to see and do in Cheyenne, including the State Museum, other museums, and parks. There is a UP Big Boy in one of the parks if you like trains. There is also once a year an open house at the UP round house where you can see the current Steam Engines UP keeps running and talk to the crew that maintains them. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or