4.4 55
Arizona 94003
18-20 May 2011
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We call ahead about six hours out and were told there was plenty of space available. When we arrived we were told to just pick a suitable spot and set up by the camp host (Steve). He said he would be around later to check us in. When Steve came by his attitude fostered a very friendly and cordial atmosphere. He was very informative and helpful and from the look of the camp he appears to really care about every aspect of the camp and the visitors there. I asked about the best BBQ in the area and he directed me to Big John's Texas BBQ, it was as good if not better than a BBQ we had at one of the top 50 BBQs in Texas just a week before. The base takes security very seriously, they look inside your rig and check all IDs, (note: no beer allowed on base). When entering the gate you must pull all the way to the right side to get through and for inspection. When leaving with your rig you go out a side fence area about a hundred yards from the gate. The roads to the Famcamp are a little rough but it looks like the roads are being worked on. The base is close enough to Flagstaff to be convenient without having to be in the traffic. While we were there it snowed both days and was in the 30s so we didn't get to do much out. The sites are gravel, long enough for fifth wheel and truck and plenty of space between sites. Hookups are 30/50 amp and water, there is a dump site as you leave the camp. Bathrooms were spotless as was the laundry room, (free Laundry); the cleanliness is a direct reflection on the camp host. Everything about the Famcamp shows that it is taken care of. I would recommend this camp to anyone travelling through the area. We will definitely stop here again if going this way.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or