3.8 47
Arizona 152726
April 19, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived about 4:30pm this date, and realized that the campground was closed until May 1 (it's a seasonal place). So, I got on the cell phone and called the lodge. The clerk told me unequivocally, that there was NO ROOM available in the lodge. I asked about the cabins and chalets--same answer. So when I showed up at the desk a few minutes later, asking hard questions like why there was no room when the parking lot was practically empty. Suddenly, he was tapdancing and backfilling and said he might be able to find an available cabin. We took it. Next morning at 0530 I looked at the parking lot and found a total of ten cars, including ours. I asked the morning clerk if there had been rooms available in the lodge last night and he assured me that there had been plenty, and that there was room if I wanted to stay another night. I filed a formal complaint with Luke AFB MWR about the night clerk, and his blatant lies. The lodge and cabins were nice, but there was an anomaly that I couldn't reconcile. The MWR policy for cabin renters is that they must take out their garbage before checking out. The cabins are $65 per night. The lodge rooms are $55 per night and have no such policy. The cabins are only about 100 feet from the lodge, and easily accessible by sidewalks. I didn't understand why the same people who clean the lodge and the cabins couldn't perform ALL the same services for both. When I pay $65 a night for a room, I expect a certain level of service--this was not that level, nor was it acceptable. That was a separate formal complaint to Luke AFB MWR. Luke MWR has a rather good online form for reporting customer satisfaction and/or problems. In fairness, this bad clerk was probably an anomaly, because the rest of the staff I came in contact with was competent and helpful.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or