4.1 83
California 157680
May 16 - 18, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have stayed at about 10 military campgrounds now and this is the worst. I drove up to the Billeting office to check in. The lady running the office saw me pull up with my rig. She walked out of the office, locked the door and passed right by me. It was her lunch time and she was not about to miss lunch. I had to sit for over an hour waiting for her to come back. I have never been treated so rudely at a military campground. The good things about this park: 1) close to Hearst Castle and seal beaches, 2)on base dining facility, $5.00 per meal at breakfast, lunch and supper. The grounds look nice. Again, only 4 full hook-up. The sewer is difficult to get to unless you are in the correct lane leaving the park. The shower house/restroom facilities are horrible. The grass is grown up around the ladies room - my wife was afraid to even enter it. The men's room has a community shower with 3 shower heads. No toilet paper in the heads. There is a paintball course adjacent to the park so you may hear some gun shot sounds. This park is only useful as a short stop over. It would never be a long term destination camping spot. I am not sure I will come back to this park.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or