4.5 156
Colorado 174040
29 Apr - 04 May 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Excellent camp. Closest entrance is the USAFA north gate off I-25 exit 156. Late night arrivals will probably have to use south gate as north gate may be closed late at night. I think we paid something like $25/night. We had site #7 gravel pull-through, fairly level with plenty of room for our 34' fifth wheel and truck; could have stayed connected if we had wanted to. Full hookups (we used 50 amp) and water pressure was high so regulator needed. I think some sites only had 30 amp power. Did not try WIFI but was told by staff that WIFI only worked near rec room facility. Verizon worked fine. May 1st was the beginning of the season and staff was a bit spun up over that. Apparently during the summer RV's are limited to one month stays. Staff was ready for huge influx as of 1 May. Winter camping is allowed but have to disconnect water if temp forecast to drop below 32 deg F. RV skirts not allowed for some reason or another. Pretty good medium-sized BX and commissary were not too far away (but not within walking distance). Outdoor rec near BX had hiking maps for base. Two excellent USAFA golf courses were nearby and open year round. Biggest problems we had were the loud train whistles at random times especially @ 0430. Train tracks run close by the camp. A pretty camp, well-shaded in the pines. We'll return. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or