Review Detail

4.2 83
17 Jan 2008 to 7 Feb 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The best part about this time at Tyndall was a feeling of commeraderie; even though we were one of the "new people"! My husband got a real kick out of the yurt where 10-12 "fossils" can gather to "tell lies" drink beer & throw washers in a hole! I especially liked the community center where one joined the social events, like waiting for the laundry! Seriously though, Tyndall FamCamp was a wonderful experience. We only spent a few days in overflow with shared 20 amp service (with one other camper) then moved on to partial hook-up in a tree shaded spot. We weren't informed during check in about the grey water dump with water hose, but during one pot luck we were told of this availability and quickly checked into it the next morning. The dump site was clean, but a bit hard to manuever out of. Laundry facility is a bit small and showers could be more plentiful for the number of campers in overflow or partial hook-up. The community center is the focal point of the camp and it afforded us a chance to get to know folks who camped there routinely. Facilities on base were appropriate for the size of the base and adequate for our needs. My personnal journal entry for that stay stated: This is the first time in all of our travels that I have felt like we were "leaving home"...This was the first time since I retired from the Navy that I felt the old "empty pang" as I pulled up stakes and moved on.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or