Georgia 145866
Oct 2005 through May 2006
(Updated: September 01, 2008)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I took my old travel trailer down to Fort Benning to "full time" camp while stationed at Ft. Benning and later retired from the Army while there. I found that Uchee Creek MWR facilities are a great way to introduce someone to the outdoors and camping. I enjoyed the evenings by the campfire, fishing off of the pier and renting boats. The deer can be hand fed after getting to know you. The staff do an excellent job at making this campground a wonderful place to go and relax. I did experience the "wind storm" (read as "tornado") in March 2006. As the storm was passing through the area, campground staff came through the CG honking their car horn to warn everyone to go to the bathhouses for safety. Trees came down everywhere and several rigs were damaged, as was mine. The staff prioritized actions and conducted an area sweep to check on campers and injuries (there thankfully were none). Then with volunteer efforts from some campers, they started to clear roads and remove trees from the RV's. Later on a representative from Ft. Benning's JAG and claims department came out and gave a briefing on Army liabilities. After all was said and done, the staff did a wonderful job to provide comfort, care and safety during my stay there. I would recommend this wonderful facility to everyone!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or