4.8 230
Georgia 177210
Nov 6-9, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

J.M. left this review using the Directory software: I compliment the staff on their outstanding attitude and willingness to help RVers feel welcome. I will definitely return. I am only giving it 4.5 stars, even though I agree with the positive things others have said about this Fam Camp. The base is a bit difficult to navigate, despite its small size, because the street names are displayed vertically on dark wood posts off to the side of each intersection - allowing you to see the street you should have turned on as you pass by it - especially at night. Before you reach the turn in to the Famcamp, you see a sign restricting the road to vehicles less than 4 tons (my rig is 12.5 tons) making you feel you are on the wrong road or have gone so far that you passed the entrance. The camp host site is near the entrance, is clearly marked and easy to find. The interior roads of the camp are gravel, causing the following problems: (1) It is noisy when RVs depart early or arrive late (2) It is difficult to navigate with a cane, crutches, or a wheelchair, when you are not in an ADA compliant site (I was not, and I use a cane or crutches, depending on my destination). Five sites are designated as ADA Handicap compliant. Only 1 is a pull-thru, while 4 are back-in sites. Their designation appears to be based solely on the presence of sidewalks that connect them to the community center. I feel handicap sites should ALL be pull-thru, not back-in, for what I hope are obvious reasons. There are a total of 17 pull-thru sites that could all be made ADA compliant if they either (A) added sidewalks to connect them, or (B) paved the roads to get rid of the troublesome gravel, in which case ALL 50 sites would be ADA compliant without use of any concrete sidewalks. I will email my comments to the staff.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or