4.6 97
Georgia 145544
April 22 - 29, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I'm late with this review but wanted to get it in. We've stayed here several times and will continue to do so. It's a very nice campground, however, there are some negatives. We were assigned Site #8 and have used this campsite before. The Campers Cove Pavilion is located between Sites 8 and 28. This time it was rented for an afternoon and into the evening by a very large group of people with many unruly children. This pavilion is rented to people who aren't normally campers. The adults seemed to stay inside while the children played outside. There were no supervision. We had to be on our guard at all times. We couldn't leave to escape. The children were all over the place with one little one climbing the ladder of our 5th wheel several times. I complained twice to an adult but no action was taken. The office was closed and the Host wasn't home. The following day I mentioned it to the person in the office and she told me that I should have called the MP's. We didn't know. We drove through the back section of the campground for the first time ever and saw a completely different campground. There were at least 11 trashy looking campsites with RVs looking as if they had been there for a very long time. One even had a large refrigerator outside. A couple of trailers looked as if they had everything they owned piled in and around and under their RV. For a campground that doesn't allow homesteading, there sure seemed to be a lot of it going on. This is still a very nice campground (front section) and we will continue coming here. The new AAFES Mall is one of the best we've seen anywhere. It is about 12 miles from the campground. The Dixie Road Shoppette has diesel fuel. The Fryar Drop Zone is 3 miles from campground (turn left at entrance to Uchee Creek and go 3 miles) and have grand stands for viewing paratroop drops. I don't know the schedule of these drops but when the Air Force planes are flying they are usually doing air drops. When staying here you have to understand that everything is about 12-15 miles away, i.e., Exchange, Commissary, Restaurant and shopping in Columbus and Phoenix City. I didn't mean to beat this campground up so hard but some things need to be pointed out.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or