Georgia 177052
January 2013
(Updated: February 15, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

New at RV'ing and had to experience this one early on as it was given awards several years. The actual sites are good for any type of RV, inroads are stones so bikes have difficulty and actually saw a person fall off the bike. Not much to do in this area and choice of activities is poor. Social calendar on Tues. and Thurs. is Zumba and Bingo in St. Marys, trips in a van cost you and many get cancelled due to lack of interest, not sure who makes up this calendar but not much going on here as an organized function. Think it might be because just about all folks I talked to here are homesteading (now I know what that means) so no need for them to socialize as this is how they live for the winter I guess. The laundry and bathhouse is good and the community room is comfortable but not used much. Not sure if all RV parks have hosts but one here is not friendly and sits outside at his picnic table for hours. Have one host parked in the middle of the campground so very inconvenient for folks coming in if that host is on duty. Using my computer is sketchy as signal must be blocked or something interfering with it so go off base to use it when needed. Probably would stop here again for a few days on the way back home as it is convenient to the interstate.
JS
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 6

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
February 16, 2013
I am so sorry you found the list of activities poor. Next time you are here please see me as I am always open for new ideas and help. Please see my photos here where I have posted the Feb calendar so everyone can see the social events. As you can see there are many more activities than Zumba and Bingo in St. Mary's. Feb had full van for Woodbine OPRY, Super Bowl Party, Pot Luck, 2 Wine and Cheese Parties, Movie Nights, Ice Cream Socials and Game Night every Monday, Bunco every Fri, St Augustine trip is filling up, St Mary's trip is full, pancake breakfast on 23rd will be very successful and well attended, the Jax Zoo trip was canceled because of weather. Almost every day there are card games in the nest..
May 25, 2014
Most people that have the privilege of utilizing military famcamps, don't expect 5 star resort concierge services to keep them entertained during their stays. I am sure that you will not be utilizing your privilege if you find this facility sub-par to your expectations!
2 results - showing 1 - 2