4.8 85
October 2012
(Updated: October 17, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

How anyone could rate this below a perfect score baffles me. Great Pond is a hidden gem, a place where you can go and get away from it all, be it work pressure, life pressure, or just the hustle/bustle of daily life. You'll find peace and quiet, the sound of the loons lulling you to sleep, the feel of dirt roads beneath your feet, the wind on your face when you rent a boat or canoe and go out on the pond... it's an amazing place that everyone should visit. And while some say they lack the conveniences of modern technology, I beg to differ. With wireless internet in the lodge, tvs in all the cabins, and access to the outside world if you should need it (but why would you in a setting like that!) it's perfect. The kitchens have everything you need to cook with so you don't need to worry about lugging extra things from home, the cabins have bathrooms and showers, and there is beauty all around you. My husband and I love it so much that we got married nearby at King Pond and have stayed there for the last two years. It's a magical place for families and we look forward to coming back with our growing little one after they're born in the spring.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or