4.2 85
Maryland 97398
Sep - Oct 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

It was our first time to stay here. I hope these extra instructions help other first-timers. Using exit 8 off of MD 32 to enter Ft Meade with your camper, enter the roundabout and bypass the Main Gate. Take the next right off the roundabout which looks (and is) the entrance ramp onto MD 32 west. There is an exit off that road that takes you to the Truck Gate/NSA Gate. You will be driving on the left side of a road that is divided and one-way. When you reach the check-point and finish, you make a U-turn to the right in the parking lot and go back through the gate up the opposite side of the one-way road you came in on. When you reach a stop sign, turn right – (left takes you to an NSA gate where you will have you turn around). You are on Ft Meade and can proceed to the campground by taking a left onto Mapes Road at the first traffic light. We enjoyed the camp and found the staff very helpful. I had a medical emergency and had to extend our stay which the staff was reluctant but did work something out for us to stay. The campground is across the street from a small lake with a paved path plus you see deer and ground hogs almost anytime you are walking. It is expensive and the long parking pad had the water/electricity located about middle of the pad so I could not back to the end and reach the plug-in at the rear of my 5th wheel. I would recommend this campground and would stay again (non-emergency).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or